Ingredient Spotlight: Control-X Blend and Prostate Support Complex
It’s Men’s Health Month, and we want to take this opportunity to highlight two U.S. Doctors’ Clinical products that contain herbal complexes formulated with carefully selected ingredients to promote urinary tract and prostate health.
How common is BPH?
Lower urinary tract symptoms and a condition called benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) affect upwards of 14 million men in the United States alone. These symptoms can include abnormally frequent urination (eight or more times daily), urinary urgency, nocturia, incontinence, and difficulty starting urination or discomfort while urinating. Men can also have BPH without exhibiting any urinary tract symptoms – in fact, this is true of more than half of all men with BPH.1
While BPH can be an indicator of a more serious health concern, especially if the symptoms progress from mild to moderate or severe, it’s usually easily treated with some simple lifestyle adjustments and medications. In cases where medication proves ineffective, doctors may recommend minimally invasive procedures or surgery for permanent relief.
Some medications carry a long list of possible side effects that can range in severity from rashes and itching to painful erections, swelling throughout the body, difficulty breathing, a rapid heart rate, and chest pain.1
Are there natural remedies for BPH?
We developed Control-X and Prostata to provide nourishment to the kidneys and liver, promote circulation, and encourage normal urinary tract function and prostate health with natural ingredients you can feel good about.* While these supplements are not meant to replace medical treatment for BPH or other urinary tract concerns, they can work in tandem with an active, healthy lifestyle to soothe discomfort, help to provide relief from frequent urges, promote sexual health, and provide nutrients that support total-body wellness!*
Each of these supplements contains a unique herbal complex for multifaceted urinary tract and prostate health support. Many of these herbal extracts and compounds have been used in traditional medicine to promote healthy bodily functions for centuries.
Control-X is designed to support overall urinary tract performance and health, provide nourishment for the liver and kidneys, and encourage the body’s natural defense against urinary tract infections.* It contains nine herbs and extracts used in traditional remedies, combined with antioxidant-rich vinpocetine and packed into capsules using modern technologies. Just one capsule a day can encourage comfortable urination for natural detoxification in both men and women.*
How do these botanical extracts and compounds support urinary tract health? Let’s break it down.
- Astragalus: An herb native to China, astragalus provides diuretic effects to encourage proper fluid excretion and relief from water retention.*
- Black Cohosh: Found in North America, Black Cohosh is a member of the buttercup family that has a history of use in traditional Native American herbal remedies for rheumatism and kidney disorders, among other ailments.
- Psoralea: With potent antioxidants called flavonoids, Psoralea corylifolia extract supports kidney health and relief from frequency urinary urges. Reports suggest that it has antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties.3
- Raspberry: Natural compounds in raspberries support the reduction of inflammation throughout the body and encourage comfortable urine elimination.*
- Ginger: An anti-inflammatory spice, ginger encourages good circulation and may support the reduction of proteins present in urine, helping to prevent kidney damage.4
- Asian Ginseng: Rich in adaptogens, Asian ginseng supports the body through periods of stress and encourages proper nutrient absorption for total-body wellness. It has been utilized for various health purposes for over 2,000 years.5
- Sharp-Leaf Galangal: Used in traditional Chinese medicine, sharp-leaf galangal is thought to support spleen and kidney health, promoting digestion and reproductive health.6
- Cherokee Rose: Another botanical used in Chinese medicinal practice, Cherokee rose is found in southern China, Taiwan, Laos, and Vietnam. It’s thought to alleviate sexual problems like semen leakage and vaginal discharge, and may also combat frequent urination and nocturia.7
- BioVinca®️ Vinpocetine: A synthetic derivative of the periwinkle plant, vinpocetine is rich in antioxidants and has proven effective for vasodilation, anti-inflammation, and anti-remodeling when tested on animal cells.8
Prostate Support Complex
Designed specifically for men, Prostata combines vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and a five-ingredient blend of botanical compounds to create an antioxidant-rich formula that supports relief from prostate discomfort, promotes bladder control confidence, and encourages good sexual function by playing a role in the maintenance of healthy testosterone levels.* If supplementation begins at the first sign of BPH, Prostata’s botanical ingredients may support the delay of prostate enlargement and help to mitigate related discomfort.*
These five botanical compounds each possess unique properties that contribute to urinary tract function and prostate health.
- Pumpkin Seed: Research has shown that pumpkin seed oil may encourage the improvement of BPH symptoms by interfering with certain types of prostate growth. It contains phytochemicals that may play a role in prohibiting the conversion of testosterone into DHT, a hormone that promotes hair loss, prostate discomfort, and lower libido when levels are elevated. The zinc content of pumpkin seeds may keep the prostate functioning normally and prevent malignant tissue growth.9
- Stinging Nettle: Somewhat paradoxically, stinging nettle possesses anti-inflammatory properties. It encourages balanced testosterone and estrogen levels within the body and aids in the maintenance of healthy prostate and urinary tract function.10
- Saw Palmetto: Well-known and utilized for its benefits for prostate and urinary function, saw palmetto encourages slower production of 5-alpha reductase, which is the enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT. Slowing the rate of conversion helps to promote higher testosterone levels for vitality and comfortable prostate function.11
- Lycopene: A phytochemical that belongs to a pigment group called carotenoids, lycopene is found in red fruits and vegetables. It provides concentrated support for the body’s natural defense against prostate enlargement and discomfort. Ongoing clinical trials are studying the potential prohibitive effects of lycopene on prostate cancer cells.12
- Pygeum: A component of traditional medicines used to treat inflammation of the prostate gland and urinary tract issues, pygeum extract contains compounds that may interrupt the production of inflammation markers called prostaglandins and help to promote healthy testosterone levels.13
Prostate health becomes an increasingly pressing concern with age, as BPH affects approximately 50% of men over 50.1 No matter what stage of life you’re in, you can take control of the well-being of your prostate and urinary tract by taking proactive steps like scheduling regular check-ups and supplementing with natural herbal extracts. There’s no time like the present! Try Control-X or Prostata risk-free today, and enjoy comfort and confidence with no unpleasant residual effects.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.